Friday, September 28, 2007

Bills, ADD and a tropical beach

Ok, so I made an aggreement with my husband that I would take over doing the bills once I go to part time. Uggg. We have lived here for 5 weeks now and I have put it off. Things are due. I need to pay them. We have the money to pay them, but for some reason I can't get myself to do it. I dont want to. I need to force myself. Every day I say today is the day and then something way more important comes up.

If we have the money to pay them, then what's the problem? Well,... I like to spend. I am afraid that once I look at the account and become aware of my limits, then my shopping will have to stop. I have been buying for the new house (curtains and such) but I have been selective as far as clearance and sale items, but .... you know. Damn girl, you FREAKIN QUIT YOUR JOB!!

Today - AFTER PAYING THE BILLS - I am going to the school to talk to my daughter's teacher. She is behind in her classwork. This is nothing new for her. She likes to day dream and not finish things unless she is hounded. Her last teacher (4th grade) suggested looking into meds - it could possibly be ADD. That's hard to hear. This suggestion came at the end of the year, so my husband and I chose to wait until her 5th grade teacher had a chance to witness her behavior and see what they say.

At home, she is the same way and it drives me crazy. I tell her to go do something, and 10 minutes later she is found doing something else, not even a thought to go do something what she was told. She wonders alot, but doesn't stay focused. Her teacher said that girls with ADD are harder to diagnose because they are wired and hyper alot of the time like boys, just day dreamers. That's for sure with her.

The rain came today - it started last night and it felt good. I love the rain, but I was born and raised in Oregon, I better love the rain. I had the window open and the rain was blowing in onto the bed. I was all snuggled in and sleeping comfortably when my husband pointed out we were getting wet, so I shut the window. So now I need to go for that walk and it's time for it to stop.

I want to go lay on a sunny beach too. One of my co-workers is going to Florida next week. They aren't excited about it, but I am jealous. If I didn't love Oregon, I would certainly be living somewhere tropical. Husband wants to retire in the woods - the cold woods someday, but not me, I want a beach and some Jimmy Buffet. I think I can negotiate both, who knows. I also want to be around the grandkids, assuming my daughter can focus enough to have some :) Listen to me, she's ten. My son... If I can keep the dare devil out of the hospital - then he will be a daddy, I'm sure of it.

ok,... so have I stalled enough? Bills..... Go do the bills lady! damn it.

right after I eat some breakfast....... of course.

No comments: