Friday, October 12, 2007

DISH - I am standing my ground!

Well - another day here in the pacific NW. I think today we are going to go to the pumpkin patch. I am not thrilled about this venture - but the kids are. In return that makes me a little bit tingly. It's not raining - in fact, it's sunny -partly cloudy.

But first I have to wait for the DISH man to arrive. They are not coming to my house on good terms. Last month we had the satellite installed and got horrible service. After calling for help again, we found out by another technician that the place the first technician installed it was incorrect and it had to be moved. When the 2nd tech moved it to the roof, left behind in my BRAND NEW SIDING was SIX LARGE holes. UGLY. Brand. New. House. Not to mention the horrible routing job that was done along the bottom of the siding with the wires. Each time he connected the wire to the house, there was another hole drilled in.

When my new neighbor moved in, he brought his DISH tech over to my house before installing and said - "Don't bother installing it if it's gonna look like this" WTF? His installation looked great and you can't even see the wire

Here's my analogy for DISH. If I had a brand new CAR - would it be ok to drill six huge holes into the side of it? NO - why is it ok to do it with new house? This is my LARGEST investment in my life (other than my kids will take care of me when I am old and poop my pants).

I am also waiting for the siding man to arrive. I am asking him to give me an estimate for the repaired back to the way it was. I want it to be replaced - not repaired.

What's my husband's take on this? He is thrilled that I am tackling it. He sees my FIRE and RAGE and just giggles. He is hoping to get DISH to pay us a check for the replacement and takingthe check to the bank. NOPE.,.,,... not gonna let him. He just wants a new dirt bike. I want my brand new siding back.

I am also watching The Price is Right - hasn't Bob Parker croaked yet? WOW - he's OLD!

DISH IS HERE! LATER!

1 comment:

Occidental Girl said...

How did this turn out? I heard you had them crapping their pants with your seething rage, which I love!