Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sticky Toe Nail Clippings

One of my biggest pet peeves about my husband - or anyone in general (I think this one ranks #9): Clipping their toe nails and not cleaning them up. YUCK

My husband will often clip his toe nails while sitting on the edge of our bed. Does he go vacuun that shit up afterwards? Hell No. Gross. Yuck. Then I find them attatched to the bottom of my socks or my clean damp feet when I get out of the shower.

Why is it that children can't often think ahead enough to get a towel BEFORE they get into the bath or shower? They must also know that this is my pet peeve #54 because they don't bother asking me to get them one, instead they run through the house SOAKING wet looking for one. Now, as I walk the halls, the carpet is wet and therefore my socks are now too.

Enough bitching about other people's downfalls..... for now.

Sometimes,... I'll be sitting at my desk at work or in traffic and I think - what's hubby doing? I call him. He gets all giddy - apparently he was thinking of me at that very moment too and was just about to call me. That makes me warm inside.

The weather here has been AMAZING the past two days. NO RAIN = AMAZING. Oregon - go figure. The temp has been about 70 each day and sunny. I love it. It makes me want to do yardwork, but here at the new house, it also makes me depressed that we don't have a yard. Since it is new construction, the builder only paid for landscaping for the front yards, so the back yards are up to us. Our back yard it nothing but a mud whole. It's horrible. You can't even walk back there because this mud is the very sticky kind. I have a feeling that we won't have the money of energy to tackle the back yad until next spring. Bummer. So..... I mow the front yard and rake it at least once a week. over and over again.

So I briefly felt very OLD tonight. I went with a friend to a place that requires you to be 21 or older. She is having a Pure Romance party and wanted to find some gag gifts to give out as party favors, so this place was full of TOYS. We walked in and she instantly got carded. (she's 25) I started to get mine out automatically and then realized... wait a freakn minute... he didn't ask me for my id. WTF? I asked - do you card everyone? He said no, only those under 26. My eyebrow raised and I stared him down. Then he got "it". "Can I see your id mam" he said - I said - "good call, I was about to walk back out the door". BUT - the BASTARD did call me "Mam". He is twice my age - but still. I managed to NOT spend a dime there - I'm holding out to support her party!

Later Gators...

No comments: